CIC produces reports based on outcomes from programs we have run with member institutions (Program Based Research) and reports based on datasets that we use to better understand issues impacting independent higher education (CIC Data Research). CIC will post new reports on the website that have been conducted in the last calendar year. However, reports produced in the prior calendar year will be archived and can be accessed by contacting the Director of Strategic Research, Jason Rivera, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some examples of the types of reports available in our Research Archive.
Program Based Research
- Diversity, Civility, and the Liberal Arts: Reflections on a CIC Initiative
- Access and Innovation: The Use of OER at Smaller Independent Colleges and Universities to Support Historically Underrepresented Students
- Fostering Resilience through Intergenerational Connections
- Taking the Field: Intercollegiate Athletics on CIC Campuses
- Bringing Collections to Light: Using Digital Media to Strengthen Teaching and Research
- Teaching the Humanities Online: Lessons from a Consortium of Liberal Arts Colleges
- Catalyst for Change: The CIC/CLA Consortium
CIC Data Research
- Student Debt: Myths and Facts
- Esports and Independent Colleges: Ready Player 509 (and Counting)
- State “Free College” Programs
- A Study of Chief Academic Officers at Independent Colleges and Universities, 2009-2019
- The Independent College Presidency, 1986-2016
- Strengthening the STEM Pipeline
- Changes in Faculty Composition at Independent Colleges
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Undergraduate Education at Private Nondoctoral Colleges and Universities
Neither of these lists are exhaustive and only represent some of the work CIC has produced. If you have questions about research CIC has produced or is actively working on, please do not hesitate to contact the Director of Strategic Research, Jason Rivera, at email@example.com.