For nonprofit organizations that serve independent colleges and universities.
Affiliate Member Benefits
*While most CIC member benefits are available to all CIC members, some programs are limited to specific membership categories. Please refer to the program’s webpage for details.
- Reduced Registration Fees—Most CIC programs and seminars are available exclusively to member institutions. Those that are open to nonmembers are available to affiliate members at a reduced rate.
- List Requests—Members can obtain, upon request, mailing lists for specific purposes.
- Research Reports—Members receive CIC research reports that analyze current trends most relevant to presidents and other leaders of independent colleges and universities.
- Digest of Recent Research—CIC provides this publication to highlight timely research from scholarly journals and other publications.
- Media Relations—The perspectives of members are represented through CIC using channels such as published op-eds, articles, press releases, books, and national public information programs. CIC continues to collect and analyze data for timely responses to requests from news media or other organizations for data about independent colleges and universities.
- News and Publications—Affiliate members receive timely reports and email alerts on critical issues as well as CIC’s newsletter, The Independent.
To qualify for Affiliate Membership, an organization must be considered nonprofit (501(c)3 IRS status), and it must serve independent colleges and universities.
The 2023–2024 dues are $325.
For additional information, please contact Faith Brown, CIC membership services and Tuition Exchange Program manager, at (202) 466-7230 or email@example.com.