The NetVUE Campus Visit Program provides an opportunity for a three- to four-member team from a NetVUE member college or university to visit another NetVUE member campus to learn about effective practices in programs for undergraduate exploration of vocation. Visiting campus teams can observe and discuss with experienced faculty and staff members how they established successful programs, faculty and staff development activities, courses and course materials, and plans that led to stable, broadly supported programs. The goal is for the visiting team to strengthen its own program by taking advantage of the lessons learned by well-established programs.
A limited number of campus visit grants is available to NetVUE member institutions. Grants will cover travel, housing, and meals for a one- to two-day visit for up to $850 per team member for a team of three or four members. The use of grant funds should be planned with the host campus to support meal and lodging expenses during the visit. The NetVUE Campus Visit program is supported by NetVUE member dues.
Requesting a NetVUE Campus Visit
NetVUE members interested in a visit should contact a potential host campus and make preliminary arrangements before requesting funding from NetVUE.
- A brief description of the campus visit goals, needs, and interests;
- A listing of the names and titles of the visiting team leader and team members;
- The contact information for the host institution;
- A one-sheet budget to cover travel, meal, and lodging expenses for both the visiting team and the host campus up to a maximum of $400 for travel and $450 for meals and lodging per visiting team member for a team of three or four members (NetVUE will reimburse expenses to the institutions after the visit);
- A one-sheet proposed schedule for the visit; and
- Approval of President or Chief Academic Officer.
Within 30 days of the visit, the visiting team should submit a one- to two-page report to NetVUE summarizing what was learned and describing the next steps to be taken by the visiting campus. The report should be accompanied by a request for visit expense reimbursement.
For additional information, please contact David Cunningham, executive director of NetVUE, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (616) 632-1060.